Thursday, December 6, 2007

NOW

Instant gratification
I want, I need
NOW
Why should I wait

Why should others receive my consideration
Mommy, the animals are sleeping
Make them wake so I can see

In the aquarium tap the glass
Inexplicable earthquake effects
Ripple through the water
Terrifying the inhabitants
Trapped within the glass

Waiting in the grocery store
Blame the clerk
Stupid girl
Why is she so slow
Not earning her pay is she
Yet you only wait ten minutes

Food now
Unworthy waiter
No tips
The kitchen was not fast enough
Damn dishwasher, lowly worm
Making minimum wage
Beneath my contempt

Every demand and want
Fulfilled now
Driving down the highway
Waiting at the stop sign
Swearing, slamming the steering wheel

The wallflowers wither and fade
Backed protectively into a corner
Overwhelming fast pace
But the desire to slow down
And look around,
Appreciate the meadow soon to be replaced by a Wal-mart
Remains unheeded

No comments: